To support your recovery in late July we launched a new tool called The Compass for our web clients.
One very important aspect of this powerful tool is its ability to provide you with live data insights on which are the top trending destinations for your particular source market.
Here is what you need to know right now about the most in-demand destinations:
- In Europe the top five most popular choices in order of demand are: the Algarve, Antalya, Crete, Tenerife, Marmaris – with an average lead time of one to seven days. That´s right, we´re seeing the traditional Spanish and Greek destinations falling in demand. More encouragingly we´re seeing a pick-up in lead time bookings of six months plus from Germany, France and the UK.
- Meanwhile in Dubai and Saudi Arabia around half the bookings have lead times of one to seven days and the most popular are for Dubai, Istanbul and Abu Dhabi (in descending order).
- Whilst in APAC we are seeing:
- Strong trend for domestic travel in both Australia and New Zealand, where the top five destinations in descending order are Darwin and surrounding areas, Auckland, Wellington, Sydney, and Brisbane – all with lead times of one to seven days and up to three months.
- In China the top trending domestic destinations are Shanghai and Beijing (Peking), again with lead times of one to seven days.
- And in Japan the top trending domestic destination is Sapporo, with a lead time of one to three months. Encouragingly, San Diego (California) is a trending long haul destination with a lead time of plus six months for Japanese travellers.
- In the USA and Canada, 40% of bookings are for a lead time of one to seven days and there´s a strong preference for domestic destinations, with the top five (in descending order) being: Las Vegas, the Orlando Area, Los Angeles, Miami Area and Chicago.
- And last but not least, in Latin America around 35% of bookings are for travel in the next three to six months, rising to even plus six months in Mexico and Colombia. The top five destinations for the region are Cancun, the Riviera Maya, Punta Cana, Puerto Vallarta and Dubai.
If you want to stay ahead of the changing market you can check right now the destination trends for your source market: click here (https://client.hotelbeds.com/compass)
In addition to providing you with destination trends and lead times, The Compass also offers you a selection of the top properties available and features the very best rates and conditions.
Plus, The Compass also equips users with powerful marketing capabilities that enable you to automatically create personalised, branded promotional campaigns with your own selection of hotels that you can then directly target to customers via email, WhatsApp or other channels.
You can access The Compass at no additional cost simply by logging-in to our website as normal – and if you have any issues logging-in simply contact your KAM and they´ll resolve this right away.