- New redesigned API portal makes APItude even easier to use and more powerful for clients such as tour operators, airlines and points redemption schemes.
- APItude can now handle up to 14 billion searches a day during peak periods.
- New functionalities include a real-time dashboard, automated documentation, and faster integration with the Hotelbeds APIs via a simple four-step onboarding process.
APItude is Hotelbeds’ API that allows travel trade buyers such as tour operators, airlines and points redemption schemes to directly integrate Hotelbeds’ 180,000 hotel properties and ancillary services into their platform.
The new portal has been through beta testing with selected clients for the last two months and now is ready for launch, featuring a completely renewed design and new functionality.
As a result, APItude is now even easier for clients to use, due to features such as:
- Real-time dashboard: clients will have full control and visibility over their current API status and usage in real time. There is also a new stats dashboard, providing near real-time insights of API usage, powered directly by Hotelbeds’ Business Intelligence data warehouse.
- Automated documentation: Hotelbeds has built modern, automated OpenAPI generated documentation to ensure the documentation always remains updated for our clients.
- Faster integration with the APIs: new integrations will go from testing to production in just a few days, with a simple, new four-step process. This turnaround time to execution makes APItude far more appealing.
The audience for this new API Portal will no longer be just developers, but also members of the sourcing, product and sales management teams of Hotelbeds’ clients that are aiming to boost their commercial performance via APItude. In order to achieve the above, and in addition to today’s launch, by the end of 2020, the API Portal will feature an optimization centre providing tailored hotel recommendations based on current market data, which will enable the Hotelbeds’ clients to receive a competitive edge and to provide better product to the end customers.
León Herce, Global Sales Director at Hotelbeds, said: “With the first signs of recovery in the market beginning to emerge it is even more essential to provide our clients with the best available tools by enhancing the developer experience and making the whole process even faster and more intuitive. We believe that this latest version of APItude does just that and I´d like to thank all the team for their hard work and commitment in delivering this on time to meet the very urgent needs of the market.”
APItude is the fastest and lightest hotel distribution API in the market. It enhances the developer experience by making the integration process easier, faster, and more intuitive – allowing partners to develop their own travel website or mobile app using Hotelbeds’ product portfolio more easily than ever before.
Forming part of Hotelbeds’ commitment to innovation, APItude was launched by Hotelbeds at World Travel Market (WTM) in 2015.
To learn more about the new developer portal please visit https://developer.hotelbeds.com/